International Kente – Festival 2017 (IKF)
25.08. – 27.08.2017
– Connecting cultures, celebrating diversity –
The inspiring diversity of colors, interlinkages, spirituality, history, technology and science as well as entertainment embedded in the woven garment, Kente, is a true reflection of Africa’s rich culture. This is a recipe for enhanced African German cultural and social relations. Under the motto “connecting cultures – celebrating diversity!” the International Kente Festival (IKF) 2017 aims at celebrating and promoting Kente as well as cultural diversity by establishing an annually avenue for know-how-exchange and trade opportunities for the first time in our multicultural and cosmopolitan city of Hamburg. A number of African artists, professionals and dignitaries of traditional leaders have accepted our invitation to come and grace the festival. There are also going to be various kinds of African music, dance performances, exhibition, information and food stands.
Please celebrate with us colorfully and royal in the dress of Kente.
Prominent Opening Speakers:
- Mr. Hans-Heinrich Bethge – Director of Senat of the Department of Culture and Media, Hamburg.
- HE Gina Blay – Designated Ambassador of Ghana to Germany-Berlin
The above mentioned dignitaries will open the International Kente Festival 2017 (IKF)
Other speaker personalities among others:
- Nana Fosu Gyeabour Akoto II – The Paramount Chief of Bechem / BA Ghana
- Nana Ayim Kumnipa – The Paramount Chief of Gyadam / Akim Ghana
- Nana Boamah Kwabi – The Paramount Chief of Beposo / Ashanti Region – Ghana
- Prof. Dr. Charles Yankah, President Africa Culture Institute Berlin